Who is Oscar?
White male, 47 years on this earth, married to the former Julie G. Moore, proud father of four. Two children were a sibling pair adopted from Boguchar, Russia, the two younger ones are biological.
Dropped out of school in 1976, at the age of 13. GED at 17, learned to weld soon thereafter at Gary Job Corp in San Marcos, Texas. Fall of 1985 enrolled at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, AR. BSBA Administrative Management 1988. Promptly thereafter enrolled in the UA Fayetteville law school, graduated in 1990.
Practiced law from 1991 through October 2009. Practice heavily weighted toward representing taxpayers against state or federal taxing agencies, federal criminal defense, initiative and referendum work, and representation of teens in abusive boarding schools. As of December 23, 2009, suspended from practice in about half the jurisdictions to which he has been admitted. Stephen P. Friot, who is a judge in the Western District of Oklahoma, has entered an order which includes further restrictions upon the law practice of Oscar Stilley. These restrictions will be challenged.
Has planted about 1.4 million trees, mostly for timber companies and private landowners engaged in timber production. Still loves to plant, tend, research, talk, and write about trees.
Copyright and Translation Policies
Copyright Oscar Stilley – Some Rights Reserved: The work on this website is mine but you can use it on the following conditions:
* Attribution. You must attribute the work product herein to the author (usually Oscar Stilley) and provide a link or citation to http://www.oscarstilley.com. While we’re on the subject, I adapted my rules from http://lorelle.wordpress.com/about/
* Commercial. Money is a good thing. You may use this work for commercial purposes if you can figure out how, as long as you follow the other rules. If you make substantial money (say more than $50 in US legal tender gold coin in a year) I’ll want a commercially reasonable share of the loot.
* Derivative Works. You may alter, transform, or build upon this work, provided that you fairly attribute and follow the other rules.
* Published Translations are allowed: Published human or machine translations are specifically authorized with one proviso. I want to know. Don’t ask, just tell me where you put it so I can take a look. Actually, I’d really like to get some of the material translated to Chinese, Russian, and Ukrainian.
* Other Usage With Permission: Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder. For any reuse or distribution of content herein with permission, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to the original article.
* Feeds: Its ok as long as you properly attribute.
* Changes to the policy: If this policy changes it will be reflected here, and will be effective only after the policy change is posted. No ex post facto from me!
* Comment Policy
Since this is my electronic campfire, I reserve the right to edit, delete, and block any and all inappropriate or unnecessary comments on this blog, as I see fit. That doesn’t mean I will. Freedom of speech implies the right to engage in speech that at least some other person won’t like, but this is not the quintessential public forum. Let’s just take it one step at a time for right now.
* Feeds and Subscriptions
Go for it!